Not able to execute Ansible tasks on an Instance

Hi guys, I have configured the Ansible integration in Morpheus (v 6.0.1), being sure that I had all the requisites prior to configuring it. I also did follow the guide and scoped it to a cloud, group, etc. I made sure that the instance I want to test is added to a group in the Ansible inventory (Morpheus generated), but when I execute the WF, although the task is shown as completed, it is skipping the server. The message is the following:

It is important to mention that I also tried by added custom entries to the inventory (Administration → Integration → My ansible integration → Actions -->Edit inventory) but without success. am I missing a configuration? What should I review?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

What Morpheus version are you seeing this on? The reason I ask is that this is a defect in versions newer than 5.5.3 and is currently with our dev team to be fixed. When setting the group for Ansible on the instance creation form, it sets fine and can see the instance in the inventory on the integration page. However, when running the playbook against that group from the integration page (Actions > Run Playbook), the execution fails as Morpheus fails to take the group name into account.

This works successfully in 5.5.3.

Thanks
Deepti

ok, understand, hopefully this will be fixed soon

Hi @dgaharwar ,

Is this still a problem with version 6.2.1 of Morpheus? Because I opened a Support Case with a similar behavior of my Provisioning Workflow and one simple Ansible Playbook within the Provisioning Phase. The Inventory on the Integration page looks quite good, but the playbook complains:

[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that
the implicit localhost does not match ‘all’
[WARNING]: Could not match supplied host pattern, ignoring: Fh1zzw.labpb.sva.de
ansible-playbook [core 2.12.2]
config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg

PLAY [all] *********************************************************************
skipping: no hosts matched

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************

I thought to have configured everything well … and I am waiting for Morpheus Support Team to dig deeper into the problem, since I have no idea where to start analyzing it.

Regards,
Kai