Terraform APP Blue prints

Hi Team,

I have created the terraform script to provision the instance. As I tested the script it is getting provisioned the VM in Azure. However, after some time its given the below error in Morpheus. “Cannot get property ‘processStepMap’ on null object.”. As I checked the logs it is showing the below details " [RxCachedThreadScheduler-67] Error Finalizing Vm: Cannot get property ‘processStepMap’ on null object java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘processStepMap’ on null object at com.morpheus.provision.AbstractBoxProvisionService$_finalizeWindowsContainer_closure13$_closure116.doCall(AbstractBoxProvisionService.groovy:338) [4 skipped] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.morpheus.Container.withNewSession(Container.groovy) [16 skipped] at com.morpheus.Container$withNewSession$24.call(Unknown Source) at com.morpheus.provision.AbstractBoxProvisionService$_finalizeWindowsContainer_closure13.doCall(AbstractBoxProvisionService.groovy:337) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableMap$MapObserver.onNext(ObservableMap.java:57) [9 skipped] at io.reactivex.subjects.ReplaySubject$UnboundedReplayBuffer.replay(ReplaySubject.java:770) at io.reactivex.subjects.ReplaySubject.onNext(ReplaySubject.java:352) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableMap$MapObserver.onNext(ObservableMap.java:62) [1 skipped] at io.reactivex.subjects.ReplaySubject$UnboundedReplayBuffer.replay(ReplaySubject.java:770) at io.reactivex.subjects.ReplaySubject.onNext(ReplaySubject.java:352) at io.reactivex.internal.observers.DeferredScalarDisposable.complete(DeferredScalarDisposable.java:82) [1 skipped] at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleToObservable$SingleToObservableObserver.onSuccess(SingleToObservable.java:72) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnObserver.onSuccess(SingleSubscribeOn.java:68) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleCreate$Emitter.onSuccess(SingleCreate.java:67) at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1502.invoke(Unknown Source) [1 skipped] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleCreate.subscribeActual(SingleCreate.java:39) [9 skipped] at io.reactivex.Single.subscribe(Single.java:3666) at io.reactivex.internal.operators.single.SingleSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnObserver.run(SingleSubscribeOn.java:89) at io.reactivex.Scheduler$DisposeTask.run(Scheduler.java:608) at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(ScheduledRunnable.java:66) at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:57) [5 skipped]"

Regards,
Ibrahim K

That error means that it has failed to install the agent. This is a known issue that Morpheus Agent doesn’t install via Exec/Runcmd for Terraform Apps in Azure.

The Morpheus Agent installation script is not being sent to the Azure runcmd/exec api during a Terraform App deployment.

The agent installation is then failing back to SSH/WinRM to install the Morpheus Agent however this fails as there is no route back to the host as the virtual machines do not have external IP addresses.

This will be fixed in the future releases but currently there is no ETA.

Thanks for your valuable input. Is there a way to skip the agent installation.

Also, if I tried to delete the App I am getting the error. “error executing terraform destroy”

Regards,
Ibrahim K

Hi Team,

Currently I am getting this permission denied error.Do you have any workaround on this issue?

Can you raise a ticket for this with the tailed logs and relevant screenshots, please?