Power Scheduling Time Limits

Ability to set a daily or weekly “max” time for a VM to be on.

Rather than following a specific schedule, would like the ability to set max time for a VM to be on per day or work. This would drive desired user limits without need to enforce a rigid schedule.

Daily Max Time = 8 hours. Morpheus will automatically shut down a server after it has been on for 8 hours during the day.

1 Like

Would max time or max cost per day be more beneficial? I know we have policies around cost which look at more of a monthly level I believe. Just trying to understand the end goal :slight_smile:

We have a group with a similar need, developers are in multiple time zones (US, India, Israel, UK etc.). Azure VM’s are by default currently on a power schedule which keeps the VM’s powered down by default 24/7 and only powered on for a maximum of 8 hours as needed for development work, patching etc. to maximize savings in Azure. It is possible for a group of VM’s to be powered on twice in a 24-hour period.
I suspect a policy to restrict based on cost per day or time per week may not be flexible enough to accommodate development sprints especially when dealing with different size servers and developers in different time zones.

1 Like

We are facing same issue.

policy to restrict based on cost per day or time per week may not be flexible enough to accommodate development sprints especially when dealing with different size servers and developers in different time zones.

Really, either option would work. If we can create unique policies, we’d probably just do the math. I suspect time would be more intuitive for people.