How to grab data from an API for a typeahead option type?

Hi team,

Does anyone has any idea on how to make an option type of type “typeahead” to bring data from an API in real time? (as it seems this is working only when the option type is of type “Select list”), so we are looking for any advice or recommendation for this.

Note that the option list that is linked to the typeahead field (option type) is already configured to grab data via API in real time.

Thanks for your inputs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @AnaDuranAZ.

I made a simple REST option list from this endpoint: https://api.sampleapis.com/coffee/hot and using the following translation script:

for(var x=0;x < data.length; x++) {
  results.push({name: data[x].title,value:data[x].id});
}

I’m using a typeahead input with the option list selected. I added the input to an operational workflow and I’m able to use typeahead to select items out of the list. I have a screen grab here: Screencast at August 10th 2022 - 4.02.46 pm.mp4 - Droplr

I may be misinterpreting what you’re asking.

1 Like

@ncelebic so with type ahead it is data.title and not data.name?

No, that was just what the API return was. I used title and the value was the id.

Thank you @ncelebic for your response.

We found another issue: we need to pass a variable to the API we try to trigger to filter the data to be populated in the typeahead input, but it marks an error and the API request cannot be completed, as this value is expected.

Please see attached the screenshots of our configuration and the error msg.

So, to be clear, this input requires selection of a previous input in order to populate?

Correct. The cloud ID variable of the cloud previously selected where to build the instance.