How to configure Price Sets for VM has 2 drives: one SSD and one HDD?

For example:
A VM has 2 drives: one SSD and one HDD.
Price of SSD is 4$
Price of HDD is 2$
“Price Type” in Morpheus is only “Disk Only”. If configure “Price Type” of HDD and SSD as same is “Disk Only”.
How does Morpheus determine the price of each type of disk (SSD and HDD) so that the correct price can be calculated?
How to configure Price Sets for VM has 2 drives: one SSD and one HDD?

Hi,
You can already do this with Disk Only or Datastore prices. With a Disk Only price type you select the volume you want to apply the price type to. So you will need a Disk Only price type targeting the HDD volume type and a Disk Only price type targeting the SSD volume type. You would then add both of these Prices to the same Price Set and attach this Price Set to your Service Plan. You could also use a Datastore price type to target the price to the specific datastores you are using.

Hi @pjones ,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is we use Private Cloud (VCF and OpenStack).

Morpheus doesn’t have a Volume Type SSD and HDD option for it yet.

Morpheus cannot determine the drive type on OpenStack and VCF yet.

If you have any solution for my problem. Please guide me. Thanks!

I think we only determine drive type on platforms that feed it (public cloud mostly). I think what @pjones is alluding to, you can select price type Datastore not Disk and then scope it to a datastore:

We use OpenStack private cloud. VMs sync from the OpenStack cloud. DATA STORE information is not displayed. So we cannot use price type Datastore. You can get more clarity by going through this case: Case: 205621 (morpheusdata.com)