Unable to delete vCenter Cloud in Morpheus

Hi,

I am facing some problems when I try to delete vCenter Cloud in my Morpheus environment.

I have two instances that belong to vCenter Cloud-A. It is saying instance not found when I click on one of the instances in Morpheus Portal.

I checked the vCenter Cloud-A and showed 4 hypervisors and 112 virutal machines in the portal. I didn’t see these hosts and virtual machines under the object tab. Please refer to the screenshot.

It is showing that " Servers are attached to this cloud. They must first be removed before removing this cloud" when I try to delete the cloud. However, I weren’t able to find servers.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi @aungkyawthu !

Are you using multiple roles, accounts, and/or tenants?

I’ve seen objects missing from the cloud views you are showing when the user doesn’t have a permission to see them (often times when multiple tenants are being used).

Hi @aungkyawthu ,

To echo @cbunge , I have seen a similar type issue when moving clouds and instances/VMs between tenants. Presuming you have multiple tenants you may want to double check where the cloud and instance/VM are assigned.

Ultimately, the scenario a different user had was the cloud and instance/VM was created in the master tenant then moved to a subtenant. At some point, the cloud was moved back to the master tenant and clicking on the instance/VM in the subtenant threw the instance not found error. It wasnt until either the cloud was moved back to the subtenant or the instance/VM was moved back to the master tenant that it resolved the issue.

So is this resolved?

Hi @cbunge, @jcummings This environment is multi-tenant. That vCenter cloud was created by another user with a system admin role in master tenant and I am also using a system admin role and tried to delete this cloud integration through API as well.

Getting below API response. Problem is that I can’t find the servers from that vCenter Cloud.

{
“success”: false,
“msg”: “Servers are attached to this cloud. They must first be removed before removing this cloud.”
}

Another thing,

I am seeing two instances that belong to this vCenter Cloud on Morpheus UI Portal. When I click on the instance name, Morpheus UI responded “Instance Not Found” error message. I also retrieved through API ( api/instances). Those instances have not existed from API output. Only showing in Morpheus UI.