Morpheus Deployment - umask setting in RHEL

Hi Team,

Need to confirm umask setting of Morpheus appliance OS.

Morpheus Appliance OS : RHEL 8.x
Morpheus Architecture: 3-Node HA with Distributed Database (Amazon Aurora RDS v2)

when we deploy the Morpheus app on the RHEL Nodes, getting below error for RabbitMQ Plugin

Applying plugin configuration to rabbit@cmpmpwa9461…
Stack trace:

** (CaseClauseError) no case clause matching: {:error, {:cannot_read_enabled_plugins_file, ‘/opt/morpheus/embedded/rabbitmq/etc/enabled_plugins’, :eacces}}
(rabbitmqctl 3.8.0-dev) lib/rabbitmq/cli/plugins/plugins_helpers.ex:107: RabbitMQ.CLI.Plugins.Helpers.update_enabled_plugins/4
(rabbitmqctl 3.8.0-dev) lib/rabbitmq/cli/plugins/commands/enable_command.ex:121: anonymous fn/6 in RabbitMQ.CLI.Plugins.Commands.EnableCommand.do_run/2
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/stream.ex:1435: anonymous fn/2 in Stream.iterate/2
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/stream.ex:1648: Stream.do_unfold/4
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/stream.ex:1719: Enumerable.Stream.do_each/4
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/stream.ex:956: Stream.do_enum_transform/7
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/stream.ex:1719: Enumerable.Stream.do_each/4
(elixir 1.13.4) lib/enum.ex:2442: Enum.reduce_while/3

{:case_clause, {:error, {:cannot_read_enabled_plugins_file, ‘/opt/morpheus/embedded/rabbitmq/etc/enabled_plugins’, :eacces}}}

Default umask setting on the RHEL is 0077.

To resolve the issue, we changed the umask setting from 0077 to 0022 and the deployment works fine.

Is there any specific umask setting recomendation from Morpheus ? and of we change the umask to 0077 then will it create any issues in furture ?

I’ve tested on RHEL 8.6 on AWS and besides some repository annoyances, I’m getting past the rabbitmq portion of the reconfigure just fine. It could be because my default umask is set to 0022 right out of the box.

I’m not sure how the image you are using is set to 0077, but I’m not sure that’s the default.