HTTP Task Failing with Proxy Configured

Hi Experts,

We have an environment where we have configured global proxy settings in Administration - > Settings → Proxy option. No proxy is also configured for morpheus appliance and required URLs however whenever we run an HTTP task, it goes via proxy and says that authentication is required even though no proxy is set. Any suggestions ?

Proxy setting is applied at the OS level as well.

The issue we face while onboarding an external K8s cluster (Hosted on AWS), API is refusing the connection. This connection has to go through proxy but it is not. Via morpheus CLI, we can connect to the K8s cluster but UI says that k8s cluster is not reachable.

Thanks
RJ

Hello @ranujain,

I hope you are doing well today! First, I’d recommend ensuring you are version 6.0.0+ (LTS) or 5.4.14+ (Standard) to ensure you have some of the latest fixes for the HTTP Task using the proxy. Here are the release notes from 6.0.0, which state:

Fixed an issue that caused HTTP Task traffic not to route through configured proxies

Prior to those versions, there was an issue where the HTTP task would not use the proxy, even when configured. If you are already on one of these versions, I needed some clarity from your message.

In the below message, you expect it to not use a proxy but it is, correct? If so, can you reply with an example of your no proxy string here? :exclamation: Be sure to remove any sensitive information.

We have an environment where we have configured global proxy settings in Administration - > Settings → Proxy option. No proxy is also configured for morpheus appliance and required URLs however whenever we run an HTTP task, it goes via proxy and says that authentication is required even though no proxy is set. Any suggestions ?

In the below message, it sounds the opposite from the first, maybe this is a different issue? You are seeing the HTTP proxy not using the proxy at all when it should?

The issue we face while onboarding an external K8s cluster (Hosted on AWS), API is refusing the connection. This connection has to go through proxy but it is not. Via morpheus CLI, we can connect to the K8s cluster but UI says that k8s cluster is not reachable.

Some extra information, the proxy settings being configured in the OS of the appliance will primarily affect items like shell and PowerShell tasks. These are scripts/commands that are run in the OS itself and will utilize those settings. HTTP task, Git integrations, currency syncs, etc. will use the configured proxy settings in Administration > Settings > Appliance

Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks!

@kgawronski - Thank you for the response.

Morpheus version is 6.2.2 (LTS). Below is the example string in No proxy section. Using the http url

No Proxy String - devvcenter1.abc.co.id,devhttpurl.abc.co.id,127.0.0.1,localhost,pocmorpheus,pocmorpheus.abc.co.id

pocmorpheus,pocmorpheus.abc.co.id - This is morpheus appliance itself.

Here the HTTP task is configured with GET task using URL “https://devhttpurl.abc.co.id:8001” but if we use proxy and put the URL in No proxy section, still it goes via proxy. At the OS level, we can successfully connect.

For the K8s cluster, it is a k8s cluster which is hosted on AWS. As we know that for the clouds section, we can use proxy to connect to cloud but how it can be configured for a K8s cluster. We are onboarding it using “External K8s cluster” field in "Infrastructure → Clusters > ADD. Any connection which is going on the internet has to go via proxy but in this case it is not hitting the proxy. If I go to the appliance ssh and try to connect to this cluster, I can connect successfully.

Also when we do the AWS cloud integration via proxy and try to deploy the instance via Provisioning section, after putting the configuration details, the wizard does not go NEXT and in the log section we just see below.

Validation instance : False
Execution failed.

In conclusion - Whenever we are using proxy, we are facing these issues.
Thanks
RJ

@kgawronski - Have opened the morpheus support case for these issues. Will follow up there.

Thanks,
RJ

@ranujain I am seeing the same behavior you mentioned in both examples. The support case you opened would be the proper course of action to resolve these.

I encountered a similar issue where the HTTP task kept failing due to the global proxy configuration. To address this, I opted for a BASH script instead of HTTP. I began by exporting the ‘no_proxy’ value with the destination URL, added the rest of the script. The task worked flawlessly.

1 Like