Morpheus IP Management mechanism

Hello Expert,

I would like to understand Morpheus IP management mechanism.

I tried to use workflow calling Morpheus rest api to manage IP assignment. but I couldn’t find any rest api can get IP Pool detail including which IP is assigned and which IP is available.
But I understood the IP assignment could be managed thru the network when IP Pool is added to network.

May I understand how it is working thru network?

Thank you.

Morpheus IPAM is the same as any of the IPAM we integrate with. We attach the pool to the network within the UI, and Morpheus will make an API call for “next available IP”.

I can update the API docs as this seems to be missing (or I’m not finding it at the moment), but if you want to manually make the API call it’s:

Endpoint
$morphURL + 'api/networks/pools/' + $pool + '/ips'

Body

{
    "networkPoolIp": {
        "hostname": $hostname
    }
}

Hello @cbunge,

How can we make post request by using Rest Option list to request IP ? As I tried, getting 500 error.

Thanks,
Aung

I’m a bit confused by this ask. Are you trying to get an IP for an external system by querying Morpheus?

Morpheus will automatically assign IPs from a pool if you associate the Pool to the Network and define the network properties similar to this:

Here I’ve defined the CIDR,GW and DNS and then attached my Network Pool “WiFi” to be utilized when a user selects this network. No need for a rest Option List (which I’m really not sure what you’re trying to do with that)

Hello @cbunge,

Yes, I am trying to get an IP for Load Balancer VIP address using option list in service catalogue.

Thanks,
Aung