API endpoint (either REST or Internal Morph) to get Network Domains?

Hello @rjr162,

I don’t see resourcePermission on domains, similar to what I see on other constructs, datastores for example:

{
    "id": 4,
    "name": "vsanDatastore",
    "zone": {
        "id": 1,
        "name": "VMware Cloud"
    },
    "type": "vsan",
    "freeSpace": 2359695804931,
    "online": true,
    "active": true,
    "visibility": "private",
    "tenants": [
        {
            "id": 1,
            "name": "Primary",
            "defaultStore": false,
            "defaultTarget": true
        },
        {
            "id": 3,
            "name": "Demo - Shared Tenant",
            "defaultStore": false,
            "defaultTarget": false
        }
    ],
    "resourcePermission": {
        "all": true,
        "sites": [],
        "allPlans": false,
        "plans": []
    }
}

I’d recommend making an Idea on our forums here to add that functionality to be able to see those permissions on API calls for domains.

Additionally, you may want to vote on this Idea, which is allowing variables in fields in Option Lists, similar to the link you provided:
https://discuss.morpheusdata.com/t/option-lists-url-and-header-fields-should-support-variables

You may want to provide your use case in there as well, if it seems related. In the link above, maybe using the users apiAccessToken is possible then, so it will list only what they have access to from their context.

Additionally, this is an idea you might vote on, which looks to extend the Morpheus API functionality further:
https://discuss.morpheusdata.com/t/input-data-sources

That said, in addition to what @Ollie_Phillips mentioned, you could also use the Configuration phase of a workflow to intercept the payload, make some more advances decisions, then modify it before it gets created. This would limit the use choosing the domain, just making the decision for them. Here are some example links:

I hope this helps. If you need deeper assistance, I’d recommend opening a Technical Request as @Ollie_Phillips mentioned, which your account manager can assist with.

1 Like